Monday, July 5, 2010

1.In class Task 1

1.Please introduce yourself.

Assalamualaikum and good morning readers. Hi!. My name is Zie. I'm from Dungun, Terengganu. I'm the eldest of 5 and the only daughter of En. Zolkifli b. Mohamed and Pn. Zaifah binti Puteh. My hobbies are reading and sleeping. Some sort of funny novels can catch my intention to flip the frontpage till the end of it.Sometimes I love to learn new recipes. Besides,  I do make decision out of my interest,or should I describe myself as uncertain? I'm a person with  "go-with-the-flow" personality.

2. How would you rate yourself in terms of your computer skills and why? (e.g. expert, novice, savvy, geek, illiterate etc)
I cannot describe myself as an expert user of computer skills. I'm still a novice user. The main reason I stand with "novice" title is that I do not know how to use popular sofwares. Most of my friends could do graphic works, talk on the application and all but I always remain silent.


3. What computer software and hardware knowledge do you have?
I'm quite good in using microsoft office softwares, ULEAD Photoexpress, and Windows moviemaker. I know how to replace and reattach RAM chip at the back of my laptop.

4.Have you experienced learning via the computer (online, etc)?
I used to experience online discussion in semester 2 for PELT subject. We had to create a yahoo group and discuss about the subject matter. We exchanged our perspectives on certain topics.

5. Did you try to incorporate technology in your some of your lessons during your practicum? Was it a success or a failure? If you did not what was/were the reason(s)?
I never incorporate technology in my lesson during my practicum. The obstacle is that, the administrator didn't give cooperation for the trainees to make full use of the facilities at the school.

6. What is your opinion on the use of computer/technology in language teaching?
The use of computer or technology in language teaching is one good attempt in increasing the motivation of the learners. Some learners tend to feel lack of interest as the traditional method takes place during the language teaching and learning process. I think,  the use of  interesting presentations, challenging learning games and language sofwares can enhance learners capabalities in attaining better performance in language proficiency.

7. What are your expectations from this course?
I expect to gain more computer skills especially for language teaching because I want to integrate the skills to my future students. Besides that, I want to enhance my creativity in designing coursewares and expand my knowledge on other technology-based items.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed one of the benefits of using technology in the classroom is that it can make an impact on the students' motivation.

    ReplyDelete